Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The PR Student

Hi my name is Kristin Hardy and I am a senior at  UW- Whitewater. I'm an Integrated Science-Business Major with a minor in Personal Relations. After graduation I plan on either continuing my education to become a Physical Therapist or practicing PR  in the medical industry. Hopefully either for a  hospital or one of the many different companies that are out there to help others. You may wonder why I have chosen such different fields of work? This can be easily explained...
When I first started my academic career at UW- Whitewater I wanted to go to school for Advertising. I had learned a lot about the different methods and the art behind advertising throughout my high school career. This subject had always intrigued me. I just love the way advertisements make us think or look at something differently without us actually realizing it. I  find it Amazing I guess.  I have  always been very interested in how the human body works and helping others with their medical issues as well. A family accident a few years ago had caused me to really consider PT. Since seeing the life changing abilities that Physical Therapists possess I have  been intrigued.  I would like to someday be able to make that difference in someone's life. I think PR fits in perfectly between the two. In becoming a PR professional i will have the best of both worlds. I will be able to spread my message to different types of people using different  and creative methods while being able to help others. I could work for a  nonprofit org or any company in the medical industry. Either way i would be able to at the least make small strides in the right direction for the benefit of others.Which ever direction I decide to pursue I know I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment